- To offer a personalised experience to our customers
- To provide our services to you in the most efficient possible way
- To remember your preferences and personalise our site accordingly.
This information is not shared with third parties without your consent.
Here’s a description of the cookies that might be set by us when you visit our site and why we use them:
- __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz – These cookies enable the function of Google Analytics. This software helps us analyse visitor information such as browser usage, new visitor numbers, response to marketing activity. That information helps us to improve the website.
- _vis_opt_xxxxxxxi – These cookies are set by Visual Website Optimizer, which allows us to improve website usability.
- ASP.NET_SessionId – ASP.NET issues a cookie called ASP.NET_SessionId. These cookies are used to maintain your user session. If you disallow this cookie it may cause the application to fail.
- WRUID – These cookies enable the function of Clicktale. Clicktale helps us understand how people interact with our website, allowing us to make improvements to site content and navigation.
Definition of Cookies
Internet ‘cookies’ are small text files that get stored in your browser while you navigate websites. Contrary to common belief, cookies do not contain software programs, so cannot install anything on a computer or damage it in any way.
Cookies generally do not contain any information that would identify a person. Usually they contain a string of text or “unique identifier”. This acts like a label. When a website sees the string of text it set in a cookie, it knows the browser is one it has seen before.
You can find out more about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Third Parties and Cookies
We work with third party partners who serve advertisements on our behalf. Most of these third-party marketing sites use both session and persistent cookies. All data collected by these third parties is anonymous and will never contain your name, address, telephone number, email address or payment details. You can delete your cookies at any time from any of the third-party marketing sites and technology partners mentioned below. We will never disclose your personal details to third parties without your specific permission.
Here’s some information on the cookies that may be used our third-party relationships:
- Adform (various) – Adform’s advertising technology is used on many websites to gather statistics about visitors and collect information used to decide which ads to display, such as showing similar products to those a visitor has looked at before. Adform uses a cookie mechanism for this purpose, but only on an anonymous basis. This means that Adform stores no personal information such as email addresses, names or addresses in the cookie or in the cookie-based profile.